Aero cooperates on many projects of leading aerospace manufacturers. Aero participates in the entire life cycle of civil and military projects, from development to industrialization and validation of products, combining experience in aerospace production dating back to 1919 with every-day practice within running serial production, utilizing the latest technology and test methods. Aero is involved in design, development and manufacturing of complex aerostructures of high level of finalisation, including integration and testing of systems, quality control, supply chain management and complex customer support starting from the production transfer phase, through implementation of customer's requirements during the production phase to after-sales support.
- Broad set of capabilities quite unique for company dimension (ability to do almost everything in house)
- Competitive and flexible costs structure combined with long tradition in aeronautics (low cost countries typically offering mainly cost competitiveness)
- Good direct contract/link to major OEM (based on company AST business size) : Lockheed Martin, Airbus, Embraer, Leonardo, Bombardier
- Cost competitiveness applicable to complex assembly but also to detail parts manufacturing
- Based on company flexibility and ability to implement new complex packages faster in the company (i.e. S76 industrialization and implementation achieved in less than 18 months)
- Capability to deal with different type of material like traditional alloys, special alloys, titanium, composites, etc.
- Good capabilities in special processes and surface treatment including NADCAP approvals
- Notwithstanding limited business volumes in AST good investment done and available (Sherman, CNC riveting machine BROETJE, Autoclave 9M size)